Gate valve is one of the common used industrial valves, like rising stem gate valves, non rising stem gate valves, electric actuated gate valves, manual gate valves, DIN gate valves, BS gate valves, API gate valves, resilient seated gate valves, metal to metal seated gate valves,cast iron gate valves, ductile iron gate valves, WCB gate valves, and stainless steel gate valves.
Some customers often asked some questions about how gate valve should be installed? Should gate valve be installed horizontally or vertically? Today we are going to introduce you the installation of gate valves.
1. the gate valves should be installed in accordance with the instruction manual and relevant regulations.
2. When the gate valve is installed, the distance between the operating mechanism and the ground should be 1.2m, which is in line with the chest, when this distance exceeds 1.8m, an operating platform should be set up for frequently operated valves and safety valves. For pipelines with many valves, the valves should be installed on the platform as much as possible to facilitate operation.
For a single valve which is over 1.8m and is operated infrequently, equipment like chain wheel, extended rod, movable platform or movable ladders can be used. When the gate valve is installed below the operating ground, an extension rod should be used, and the ground gate valve should be set with a ground well, and this ground well should be covered.
3. if the gate valve is installed in horizontal pipelines, the valve stem should be vertically upward, and it is not suitable to install the valve stem downward. If the valve stem is installed downward, which is inconvenient to operate and maintain. And it is easy to corrode the valve and causes accidents. Do not install the gate valves obliquely on the floor so as to avoid inconvenient operation. The valves on the side-by-side pipelines should have vacancies for operation, maintenance, and dis-assembly, and the clear distance between the hand wheels should not be less than 100mm. If the pipe spacing is narrow, the valves should be staggered.
4. The correct installation direction of the gate valve should make the internal structure conform to the flow direction of the medium, and the installation conforms to the valve structure and operation requirements. For the installation direction of the manual gate valves, leave room for operation, and the valve stem should be installed upwards and perpendicular to the pipeline.
5. The gate valves on the pipeline and equipment of dangerous mediums should not be installed within the height range of the person’s head, so as not to hurt the person’s head, or directly hurt the person’s face due to the leakage of the gate valve.
6. The installation of the gate valve is not restricted by the flow direction of the mediums.
If you have any other technical questions about gate valves or other industrial valves, you can contact us directly: