Butterfly valve is one kind of widely used industrial valves. It can be used to connect, cut off and regulate the medium flows. The opening and closing part of the butterfly valve is a butterfly shaped plate which rotates 90°around its own valve shaft to realize the opening and closing of the butterfly valve. While there are various types of butterfly valves.
How many types butterfly valves have?
According to their structural difference, butterfly valves can be divided into concentric butterfly valves and eccentric butterfly valves.
Eccentric butterfly valves can be divided into single eccentric butterfly valves, double eccentric butterfly valves and triple eccentric butterfly valves.
With different end connect, concentric butterfly valve can be divided into flange type concentric butterfly valves, wafer type concentric butterfly valves, lugged concentric butterfly valves.
With different sealing structure, butterfly valves can be divided into soft sealing butterfly valves and metal to metal seated hard sealing butterfly valves.
With different body material used, butterfly valves can be divided into gray cast iron butterfly valves, ductile cast iron butterfly valves, carbon steel WCB butterfly valves,and stainless steel butterfly valves.
For different operating device used, there are manual butterfly valves(manual handle lever butterfly valves, worm gear box operated butterfly valves), electric actuated butterfly valves, pneumatic actuated butterfly valves, hydraulic actuated butterfly valves.
While with different mediums and real working conditions, different types of butterfly valves are used. Today we are going to introduce where those butterfly valves are used:
Applications of butterfly valves:
1. Butterfly valve is suitable for pipeline conveying various corrosive and non corrosive fluid mediums in the engineering systems such as producer, coal gas, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, city gas, hot and cold air, chemical smelting, power generation and environmental protection, to regulate and cut off the medium flows.
2. butterfly valve can be used for flow regulation. Because the pressure loss of butterfly valve in the pipeline is relatively large, which is about three times that of the gate valve. So when selecting the butterfly valves, we should consider the influence to the pipeline caused by the pressure loss, and also the firmness of the valve plate to withstand the pressure of the pipeline medium when the butterfly valve is closed. In addition, we should also consider the temperature limitations of the resilient valve seat material under the high working temperature.
3. due to its specific working principle, butterfly valve is suitable to be fabricated into large diameter valves. The face to face structural length and overall height of butterfly valves are small, and its opening and closing speed is fast, and butterfly valve has better fluid control property. When the butterfly valve is used for fluid control, it is very important to select the proper types of butterfly valve and the correct diameter, so the selected butterfly valve can work effectively in the pipeline systems.
4. Usually, for throttling, regulating control and mud medium pipelines, which requires short structural length and fast opening and closing speed, butterfly valves are recommended.
5. butterfly valves can be used in pipelines with two position adjustment, narrowed channel, low noise, cavitation and gasification, a small amount of leakage to the atmosphere and abrasive mediums.
6. when the butterfly valve is used for throttling adjustment under special working conditions, or it requires strict sealing effect, or has serious wear, low temperature, or other working conditions, the butterfly valve should be the special designed metal to metal seated double eccentric butterfly valves or triple eccentric butterfly valves with adjustment device.
7. the concentric butterfly valve(also known as center line butterfly valves) is suitable for pipeline systems with mediums like fresh water,sewage, sea water, salty water, steam, natural gas, food, medicine, oil and various acids-base mediums that requires complete sealing, zero gas test leakage, long service life, working temperature -10℃-150℃.
8. soft sealing eccentric butterfly valves is suitable for two-way opening and closing and adjustment of ventilation and dust removal pipelines, and is widely used in gas and waterway pipelines of metallurgy, light industry, electric power and petrochemical systems.
9. metal to metal seated dual eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for pipelines of urban heating, steam supply, water supply and gas, oil, acid-base and other pipelines, as a regulating and cutting-off device.
10. metal to metal seated hard sealing triple eccentric butterfly valves can be widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, metallurgy, electric power and other fields. The metal hard sealing triple eccentric butterfly valve is a good substitute for gate valves ,globe valves,etc.
Belo Valve is a more than 15 years professional manufacturer for industrial valves, like butterfly valves( center line wafer butterfly valve, manual butterfly valve, lever driving butterfly valve, butterfly valve with worm gear box, lug type butterfly valve, soft seal butterfly valves, hard seal butterfly valves, flange butterfly valves, ductile cast iron butterfly valves, stainless steel butterfly valve), gate valves(including DINF4 gate valves, DINF5 gate valves, DIN3352 gate valves, rising stem gate valves, non rising stem gate valves, soft seal gate valves, hard seal gate valves, hydraulic gate valves, sluice valves), globe valves( DIN globe valves, bellows globe valves, electric globe valve), ball valves( welded ball valves, soft seal ball valves, stainless steel ball valves, WCB ball valves, ductile cast iron ball valves, API ball valves), check valves( wafer type check valves, swing check valves, rubber disc check valves, ball type check valve, foot valve/bottom valve), fire protection valves( grooved butterfly valves, grooved gate valves, grooved strainers, grooved check valves), hydraulic control valves,etc.
if there are any questions or inquiries about those butterfly valves, or other industrial valves, kindly contact us: