Gate valve is also called sluice valve, is one kind of cutting off valve. The direction of the plate of gate valve is perpendicular to the direction of fluid. Gate valve can only be fully opened and fully closed, can not be used for regulating and throttling. According to different stem structure used, gate valve can be divided into rising stem gate valve and non rising stem gate valve. Today we are going to discuss those main disadvantages of gate valves:
Main disadvantages of gate valves:
1. the overall size and opening height of gate valve are relatively large, so the gate valve requires a relatively large installation space;
2. During the opening and closing process of the gate valve, there is relative friction between the sealing surfaces, and the wear is relatively large, which may even easily cause scratches and affect the service life of the gate valve;
3. Generally, gate valves have to two sealing pairs, which makes it difficult to process, grind and maintain;
4. The opening and closing time of gate valve is long;
5. The structure of gate valve is relatively complicated, and it is also troublesome to process, especially the sealing surface on the valve seat is not easy to process, and there are many components, so the price of gate valve is relatively expensive.
6. Gate valves are generally used on water system pipes, if the medium is slurry or sewage, it is recommended to use knife type gate valve.
If you have any other technical questions about gate valves or knife type gate valves, kindly contact us: