Stainless steel valve( or SS valve in short) refers to the industrial valve made of stainless steel material. Stainless steel valves are widely used in chemical industry, petroleum, paper making, mining, electric power, liquefied gas, food, pharmaceutical, water supply and drainage, municipal, mechanical equipment, electronic industry, urban construction,etc.
Why stainless steel valve get rusted?
- the stainless steel valve is placed in seawater with a lot of salt, and the stainless steel valve will get rusted after a few days. Therefore, the corrosion resistance and rust resistance of stainless steel valves also need to be limited by the using environment. In addition, from the perspective of the characteristics of the stainless steel valves, the reason why it is difficult to get rusted is that there is a layer of chromium-rich oxide film on the surface of the stainless steel valve, which prevents the external oxygen atoms and other particles from causing damage to the valve, and making the stainless steel valve rust-proof.
- There are many reasons why the stainless steel valve surface film is damaged and get rusted. One of the reasons is that the electro-chemical reaction between the film and other metal particles or dust. At the same time, the moist air is used as the medium to form a micro-battery cycle, which makes the stainless steel valve surface rust. Or the surface film of stainless steel valve directly contacts corrosive liquids such as strong acid and alkali, causing corrosion. Therefore, if you want to keep the stainless steel valve anti rust, you should clean the valve surface timely to keep the stainless steel valve surface clean.
Three advice for how to keep the surface of stainless steel valve permanently bright and not corroded?
- the surface of stainless steel valve must be cleaned and scrubbed regularly to remove deposits and external factors that may cause deformation.
- Stainless steel 316 material should be used in coastal areas, which can resist seawater corrosion.
- The chemical composition of some stainless steel valve on the market does not meet the requirements of the corresponding national standards and 304 material. Therefore, it will also cause rust, which requires the customer to choose stainless steel valves products from reputable manufacturers, as well as pay more attention during construction.