The foot valve( also called bottom valve) is an energy saving valve. It is generally installed at the bottom end of the underwater suction pipes of the water pump to limit the flow-back of the liquid in the water pump pipe to the water source, within the foot valve, the water can only flow in one direction and could not flow back.
There are many water inlets and reinforcing ribs on the valve cover, which are not easy to be blocked, and foot valves are mainly used in the pumping pipelines.
Foot valve has single disc type foot valve, double disc foot valve, and multi-disc type foot valve, flange connect foot valve and threaded connect foot valve;
Foot valve mainly consists of valve body, valve disc, valve cover, bushing, sealing ring,and other parts. The water from the water source enters the valve body from the valve cover. Under the action of the fluid pressure, the valve disc opens, when it stops, the pressure in the outlet pipe quickly closes the valve flap, and the liquid will not be poured back to the water source, which can guarantee smooth water pumping, and also be energy saving.
Installation instructions for foot valve:
- in order to prevent the reverse flow of the medium, foot valves( check valves) should be installed on the equipment, devices, and pipelines.
- Foot valve(check valve) is generally suitable for clean medium, not suitable for mediums containing solid particles and high viscosity.
- Generally, vertical lifting check valves should be used on horizontal pipes with a nominal diameter of 50mm.
- Ensure that the valve body of foot valve is installed vertically at the bottom of the water pump suction pipe.
- After the suction pipe is filled with water, start the pump quickly, resulting in a semi vacuum state in the suction pipe, and the water is sucked into the vertical pipe to complete the water pumping process.
Maintenance of foot valve:
- If the anti-rust paint peels off on the valve body, anti-rust treatment should be done in time to increase the service life of the foot valve(bottom valve).
- After long time use, the valve cover rubber gasket should be replaced in time to ensure the sealing effect of the foot valve.
- In order to prevent the back flow of the medium, the equipment, devices and pipelines should use the foot valve,(bottom valve), check valve.
- In order to prevent the valve cover from being blocked, the foot valve is generally suitable for clean medium, not suitable for medias containing solid particles and high viscosity.
3. the valve body of foot valve should be installed vertically at the bottom of the water pump suction pipe.