Actually, the swing check valve can be installed vertically and horizontally. Most of the time, the swing check valve is installed horizontally. If there is a need for vertical installation, the bottom valve/foot valve can be used.
What is swing check valve?
Swing check valve is one kind of check valve, which is composed of valve body, bonnet, valve disc and rocker. The valve plate is disc-shaped and rotates around the pin shaft outside the valve seat channel; the channel inside the swing check valve is streamlined and the flow resistance is smaller than that of the straight-through lift check valve. The swing check valve is suitable for large diameter pipelines. Swing check valve can be used for water, steam, oils, nitric acid, acetic acid, strong oxidizing mediums and urea and other mediums, mainly used in petroleum, chemical, pharmaceutical, fertilizer, electric power and other pipelines.
How swing check valve is installed?
The installation method of swing check valve is similar to that of ordinary check valves. The specific installation method is as follows:
- Before installation, the swing check valve should be prepared first, the stuffy cover and foam board at both ends of the valve channel should be removed, the inner cavity should be cleaned, and the oil dirt should be removed. Remove the oil paper on the valve disc, clean the oil dirt on the disc.
- Select the appropriate installation position, install the swing check valve on the pipeline according to the flow direction symbol on the valve body, be careful not to reverse the flow direction.
- Let the medium pass through the pipeline, test whether the swing check valve can work to prevent the backflow of the medium, if it can, the installation is correct.
Swing check valve installation instruction:
- the check valve in the pipeline cannot bear any weight, especially the large diameter check valve should be installed independently, and not be affected by the pressure generated by the pipeline system.
- The flow direction marked on the valve body should be the same as the direction of the medium flow.
- The mediums passing through the pipeline of swing check valve should not contain hard particles, so as not to damage the sealing surface, and it is also not suitable for the medium containing solid particles and high viscosity.
- The installation of swing check valve should pay attention to the installation position.
Can swing check valve be installed vertically?
The lift type check valve can only be installed horizontally, and the swing check valve is different. It can be installed horizontally and vertically. When installed on a vertical pipeline, the medium will flow from the bottom to the top. However, the swing check valve is usually installed horizontally. If there is a need for vertical installation, the bottom valve/foot valve can be used.
For more information about check valve, kindly visit our other articles:
- What is the difference between lift check valve and swing check valve?
- What are the 5 types of check valves?
- How to inspect a check valve?
- What is a lift check valve(lift disc check valve)?
- What is wafer type check valve(also called butterfly type check valve)?
- What is ball type check valve?
- What is the difference between gate valve and check valve?
- How does a check valve work on sump pump?
- Where to install check valve on water pump?
- How to repair a failed check valve?
- where should a check valve be installed in piping systems
- How do you stop water hammering?