The wafer check valve can be installed horizontally(the flow direction arrow is parallel to the horizontal ground) or vertically( the flow direction arrow is perpendicular to the horizontal ground). Generally, if the DN is larger than 400, try to install it in the horizontal direction.
1. What is a wafer check valve?
Wafer check valve is one kind of check valve, which automatically opens and closes the valve disc by replying on the flow of the medium itself to prevent the back-flow of the medium, it is also known as cut-off valve, one-way valve, back pressure valve, non-return valve.
The wafer check valve is an automatic valve whose main function is to prevent the back-flow of the medium, the reverse rotation of the pump and the driving motor, and the discharge of the medium in the container. Check valve may also be used on lines supplying auxiliary systems where pressure may rise above system pressure. Check valve can be divided into swing check valve, lifting type check valve, wafer butterfly type check valve.
2. How to install the wafer check valve?
2.1. The wafer check valve can be installed horizontally(the flow direction arrow is parallel to the horizontal ground) or vertically( the flow direction arrow is perpendicular to the horizontal ground). Generally, if the DN is larger than 400, try to install it in the horizontal direction.
2.2. Before installation, the pipeline should be cleaned, and the flesh lamp should be fully inspected to ensure that it is not damaged before installing. During installation, make sure the direction of the flow arrow direction on the valve body should be same as the medium flow direction.
2.3. A strainer should be installed at the inlet of the check valve, and a butterfly valve or a gate valve should be installed at the outlet to facilitate the maintenance of the check valve and other equipment.
2.4. When tightening the flange connection bolts, tightening them symmetrically.
For more information about check valve, kindly visit our other articles:
- What is the difference between lift check valve and swing check valve?
- What are the 5 types of check valves?
- How to inspect a check valve?
- What is a lift check valve(lift disc check valve)?
- What is wafer type check valve(also called butterfly type check valve)?
- What is ball type check valve?
- What is the difference between gate valve and check valve?
- How does a check valve work on sump pump?
- Where to install check valve on water pump?
- How to repair a failed check valve?
- where should a check valve be installed in piping systems
- How do you stop water hammering?
- Can swing check valve be installed vertically? or only horizontally?
- What is a wafer butterfly check valve?
- What is the difference between a wafer check valve and a swing check valve?