Wafer type check valve is a kind of check valve, which is an automatic valve, and is often used in the water supply and drainage pipeline system. This wafer check valve can open and close the valve door correspondingly according to the changes of the fluid medium in the pipeline system, so as to avoid the phenomenon of reverse flow in the pipeline. It is also called one way valve, non return valve, cut off valve, and back pressure valve.
Installation guidelines for wafer butterfly check valve:
- Do not let the wafer butterfly check valve to bear weight in the pipeline, and the large diameter wafer check valve should be supported independently, so that the wafer check valve will not be affected by the pressure generated by the piping system;
- When installing the wafer type check valve, be careful that the direction of medium flow should be consistent with the direction of the arrow marked on the check valve body.
- The lift type vertical disc wafer check valve should be installed on the vertical pipeline;
- The lift type horizontal disc wafer check valve should be installed on the horizontal pipeline.
- The wafer type check valve should be cleaned before installation and to eliminate defects during delivery.
- When installation, check carefully whether the signs and nameplates on the check valve body meet the requirements for use.
Where the wafer butterfly check valves are used?
Wafer type check valves are widely used in pharmaceutical, food, petroleum, chemical, paper-making, metallurgy, electronics and other industries, and the wafer check valves are suitable for water, oils, gas, steam, and other mediums.