Butterfly valve is one kind of industrial valve which is opened and closed by rotating the valve stem which drives the valve disc to rotate. In the cylindrical channel of the butterfly valve body, the disc shaped plate rotates around the axis, mainly by rotating the disc 90 degree to control the flow, when the valve disc reaches 90°, the butterfly valve is in a fully open state, and the angle of the valve disc can be changed to adjust the flow of the medium, butterfly valve is generally installed in the diameter direction of the pipeline. Butterfly valve and valve stem have no locking ability. In order to effectively adjust the flow rate, a worm gear reducer needs to be installed. The butterfly valve with worm gear reducer will not only have self-locking ability, but also have better operating performance, which can also adjust the medium flow more accurately;
The advantages of butterfly valve:
1. butterfly valve has simple structure and small size. Due to its compact structure, short face to face length, small size and light weight, butterfly valve is suitable for large diameter pipelines;
2. Butterfly valve has small fluid resistance. When the butterfly valve is fully open, the effective flow area of the butterfly valve seat channel is large, so the fluid resistance is small.
3. The opening and closing of the butterfly valve is convenient and quick, and the adjustment performance is good, rotating the disc 90°can realize the fully open and close of the butterfly valve. The flow rate can be controlled in stages by changing the rotation angle of the disc;
4. The opening and closing torque of butterfly valve is small, because the discs on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically equally affected by the medium, and the direction of the torque is opposite, so the opening and closing is more labor saving;
5. Butterfly valve has good sealing performance in low pressure condition. The sealing surface material is generally made of rubber and plastic, so the sealing performance is good. Limited by the material of the sealing ring, the operating pressure and operating temperature range of butterfly valve are small. However,the operating pressure and working temperature range of the hard seal butterfly valve have been greatly improved;
6. When the butterfly valve is fully opened, it has less flow resistance. When the opening angle is between about 15°-70°，sensitive flow control can be performed, so in the field of large diameter adjustment, the application of butterfly valve is very common. The movement of the disc of the butterfly valve is wiping, most butterfly valves can be used for media with suspended solid particles. Depending on the strength of the seal, butterfly valves can be also used for powdered and granular mediums.
7. Butterfly valves are suitable for flow regulation. Because the pressure loss of the butterfly valve in the pipe is relatively large, which is about three times that of the gate valve, when selecting the butterfly valve, the influence of the pressure loss of the pipeline system should be fully considered, and the pressure strength of the disc plate withstanding from the pipeline medium should also be considered when it is closed. In addition, the operating temperature limitations of the resilient seat material at elevated temperature must also be considered.
8. The structure length and overall height of the butterfly valve are small, the opening and closing speed of butterfly valve is fast, and it has good fluid control characteristics. The structure principle of butterfly valve is most suitable for making large diameter valves. When the butterfly valve is required to be used for flow control, the most important thing is to correctly select the specification and type of the butterfly valve, so that it can work properly and effectively.
for more informations about butterfly valves, or prices for butterfly valves, please contact us: