Knife gate valve is also called knife type gate valve. The structural feature of the knife gate valve is that the bottom of the valve plate has an oblique cut like a knife edge. This knife-shaped oblique cut can easily cut off the medium circulating in the pipeline, so the closing of the knife gate valve won’t be blocked by the medium.
Knife type gate valves are usually used in medium pipelines such as pulp, slag, coal ash, sewage, chemical raw material,etc, to be used as a fully opened and fully closed device.
What is a knife gate valve used for?
- knife gate valve can be used in mining, coal washing, iron and steel industries-for coal washing pipelines, slurry filtering pipelines, ash discharging pipelines,etc.
- Knife gate valve can be used for pipelines with mediums like waste water, mud, dirt and clarified water with suspended solids.
- Knife gate valve can be used for paper industry-for any consistency pulp, feed water mixture.
- Knife gate valve can be used for ash removal in power station-for the medium like ash slurry.
How to install a knife gate valve?
- before the installation of the knife gate valve, it is very important to check whether the model of the knife gate valve is consistent with the working conditions.
- For those resilient seated knife type gate valve like EPDM lined knife gate valve and PTFE lined knife gate valve, it is necessary to check whether there are any debris in the inner cavity of the valve body and the sealing surface. If there are some debris, clean them.
- Before the installation of the knife gate valve, the necessary space for the operating device must be considered.
- For those knife gate valve with pneumatic actuator and hydraulic actuator, we should ensure the sufficient air and liquid pressure.
- When the knife gate valve is installed, all bolts should be tightened evenly.
- When installing the knife type gate valve, do not strongly impact the knife gate valve, or twist the valve component arbitrarily.
- If the upper sealing part of the knife gate valve is exposed, it must be filled with sealing grease regularly.
- In drier area, when the driving device of the knife gate valve is a spur gear, lubricating oil must be added regularly.
for more technical parameters about those knife type gate valves, kindly contact us: