1. Why the check valve should be used?
Check valve refers to the valve that automatically opens and closes the valve plate by replying on the flow of the medium itself to prevent the backflow of the medium. The check valve is also known as cut off valve, one way valve, back pressure valve, non-return valve, back water valve, etc.
The check is working automatically, under the action of fluid pressure flowing in one direction, the valve plate opens; when the fluid flows in the opposite direction, the fluid pressure and the self-weight of the valve plate work on the plate to close it on the valve seat, thereby cut off the flow.
2. where should a check valve be installed in piping systems？
The check valve should be installed in the following pipeline systems:
- the check valve can be used in inlet pipes.
- The check valve can be used in the closed water heater or on the inlet pipes of the water appliances.
- The check valve can be used on the outlet pipe of sump pump.
- The check valve can be used in the water tank, water tower where the inlet and outlet pipes share one pipeline, and the outlet pipe of the highland pool.
3. What type of check valve to use in different piping systems?
1.When the water pressure in front of the check valve is small, the swing check valve, ball type check valve and shuttle type check valve should be used.
2. When the piping system has strict requirements for the sealing performance after closing, the check valve with closing spring should be selected, such as the lift type check valve, wafer butterfly type check valve.
3. When it is required to weaken the water hammer when the valve is closing, the quick closing silencing check valve or the slow-closing check valve with damping device should be used.
4. The valve disc or valve trim should be able to close itself under the action of the gravity and spring force.
For more articles about check valves, kindly visit:
- What are the 5 types of check valves?
- How to inspect a check valve?
- What is a lift check valve(lift disc check valve)?
- What is wafer type check valve(also called butterfly type check valve)?
- What is ball type check valve?
- What is the difference between gate valve and check valve?
- How does a check valve work on sump pump?
- Where to install check valve on water pump?
- How to repair a failed check valve?