There is no difference between check valve and non-return valve, they both represent one kind of automatic valve which is widely used in sump pump pipeline systems to prevent the back flow of the water.
1. There is no obvious difference between check valve and non-return valve, they are the different name for the same product. They both represent one kind of automatic valve, which can effectively prevent the back-flow of the water, which plays a certain role in safety isolation.
2. no matter for check valve or for non return valve, according to the movement mode of the valve disc, they can be divided into two types, one is lift type, the other is swing type. For lift type check valve(lift type non return valve), the water flows from the bottom to the top, and the liquid is prevented from flowing back by pressure. If the swing type check valve( swing type non return valve) is selected, one side is also opened by pressure, after the pressure is lost, the valve disc will get back to the seat due to its own weight. The check valve and the non return valve almost work the same way.
For more information about check valve, kindly visit our other articles:
- What is the difference between lift check valve and swing check valve?
- What are the 5 types of check valves?
- How to inspect a check valve?
- What is a lift check valve(lift disc check valve)?
- What is wafer type check valve(also called butterfly type check valve)?
- What is ball type check valve?
- What is the difference between gate valve and check valve?
- How does a check valve work on sump pump?
- Where to install check valve on water pump?
- How to repair a failed check valve?
- where should a check valve be installed in piping systems