Wafer butterfly check valve,(also known as wafer check valve, or butterfly check valve), is one kind of check valve, which is composed of valve body, valve disc, valve stem, spring and other parts.
The wafer check valve adopts wafer connection type and has a compact structure. Due to the short closing stroke of the disc, and the forcing of the spring, the closing speed is fast, which can significantly reduce the water hammering phenomenon. This kind of wafer butterfly check valve has the characteristics of small size, light weight, sensitive action, reliable sealing and convenient installation. The butterfly type check valve can be installed horizontally or vertically, and can be applied to various mediums, such as water, steam, oils, nitric acid, acetic acid, and strong oxidizing medias.
1. How many types of wafer butterfly check valve has?
The plate of the wafer butterfly check valve is in the shape of a disc, and rotates around the shaft of the valve seat channel. Because the channel in the valve is streamlined, the flow resistance is smaller than that of the lift check valve. It is suitable for pipelines with low flow rates and infrequent changes in flow. However, it is not suitable for pulsating flow, and its sealing performance is not as good as that of the lift type check valve. Wafer butterfly type check valve can be divided into three types: single door wafer check valve(or single disc wafer check valve), double door wafer check valve(or double disc wafer check valve), multi disc wafer check valve( or multi door wafer check valve). This three types of wafer butterfly check valve are mainly divided according to the valve diameter, their purpose is to reduce the hydraulic shock when the medium stops flowing or flows back.
2. The advantages of wafer butterfly check valve:
Wafer dual plate butterfly check valve has the advantages of short face to face length, small volume, light weight, fast disc closing, low water hammering pressure, easy installation, small fluid resistance, sensitive action, good sealing performance, short disc closing stroke, small closing impact, simple and compact overall structure, long service life, high reliability, etc.
3. Application of wafer butterfly check valve:
1. wafer butterfly type check valve can be used for pipelines with nominal pressure PN10～PN420、Class150～Class2500；
2. wafer butterfly type check valve can be used for pipelines with nominal diameter DN15～DN1200、NPS1/2″～48″；
3. wafer butterfly type check valve can be used for pipelines with working temperature -196℃～+540℃ to prevent the backflow of the medium.
4. with different material used, the wafer butterfly check valve can be suitable for various mediums such as water, steam, oils, nitric acid, acetic acid, strong oxidizing mediums and urea in petrochemical, metallurgy, electric power, light industry, food and other industries.
4. Why choose a wafer check valve:
- the face to face length of wafer check valve is short, it is only 1/4～1/8 of the traditional flange check valve;
- Butterfly check valve’s size is small, and weight is light, and its weight is only 1/4～1/20 of traditional flange check valve;
- The valve disc of wafer check valve can close quickly, its water hammer pressure is small;
- Wafer type check valve is easy to install, and can be installed in horizontal and vertical pipelines.
- The flow channel of wafer check valve is smooth and its fluid resistance is small;
- The butterfly check valve has sensitive action and good sealing performance;
- The valve disc closing stroke is short and the closing impact force is small;
- The overall structure of wafer check valve is simple and it has compact and beautiful appearance;
- The wafer butterfly check valve has long service life and high reliability.
For more information about check valve, kindly visit our other articles:
- What is the difference between lift check valve and swing check valve?
- What are the 5 types of check valves?
- How to inspect a check valve?
- What is a lift check valve(lift disc check valve)?
- What is wafer type check valve(also called butterfly type check valve)?
- What is ball type check valve?
- What is the difference between gate valve and check valve?
- How does a check valve work on sump pump?
- Where to install check valve on water pump?
- How to repair a failed check valve?
- where should a check valve be installed in piping systems
- How do you stop water hammering?
- Can swing check valve be installed vertically? or only horizontally?