Foot valve, also known as bottom valve, is actually one kind of check valve, which is also called one way valve, water sump pump check valve, non return valve, cut off valve, back water valve, back pressure valve, well bottom valve,etc. Foot valve is used in the pipelines to prevent the back flow of the water.
Bottom valve consists of valve body, valve disc, piston rod, valve cover, positioning column and other parts. For details,please see the figure below:
How foot valve works:
Before starting the water pump, fill the suction pipe with liquid, so that the pump has enough suction force, the liquid will be sucked into the foot valve, which will open the piston valve disc, the water pumping will start. When the water pump stops working, the valve disc will close under the pressure of the fluid and its self weight, to prevent the liquid from returning back to the front part of the water pump.
Foot valve(bottom valve) is one of one way valve, which is an energy saving valve. Foot valve(bottom valve) is generally installed at the bottom end of the underwater suction pipe of the pump to prevent the water from flowing back into the pump. There are some water inlet on the bonnet and reinforcing ribs, which are not easy to be blocked.
Although the bottom valve is equipped with anti-clogging screen mesh, the bottom valve is generally suitable for cleaning medias, the mediums with excessive viscosity and particles should not use the bottom valve(foot valve). the foot valve is welded at the bottom of the container, so as to achieve the best effect of emptying, cleaning and disinfection.
Advantages of foot valve(bottom valve):
1. the structure of foot valve is ideal in terms of flow rate and process requirements, and in addition, turbulent flow will not occur during emptying.
2. the design of foot valve(bottom valve) is reasonable, the manufacturing process is advanced, and the installation, use and maintenance are convenient. And It has low friction resistance and long service life.
3. Foot valve(bottom valve) can also mix the working medium well according to various technological requirements during the operation.
4. The bottom valve of the tank is as close as possible to the bottom wall of the tank, so as to achieve the effect of no dead angle;
5. The foot valve(bottom valve) can be divided into plastic foot valve and metal foot valve according to the material, and can also be divided into ordinary foot valve and foot valve with backwash water flow.
What kind of other valves Belo can offer:
Belo Valve is a more than 15 years professional manufacturer for industrial valves, like butterfly valves( center line wafer butterfly valve, manual butterfly valve, lever driving butterfly valve, butterfly valve with worm gear box, lug type butterfly valve, soft seal butterfly valves, hard seal butterfly valves, flange butterfly valves, ductile cast iron butterfly valves, stainless steel butterfly valve), gate valves(including DINF4 gate valves, DINF5 gate valves, DIN3352 gate valves, rising stem gate valves, non rising stem gate valves, soft seal gate valves, hard seal gate valves, hydraulic gate valves, sluice valves), globe valves( DIN globe valves, bellows globe valves, electric globe valve), ball valves( welded ball valves, soft seal ball valves, stainless steel ball valves, WCB ball valves, ductile cast iron ball valves, API ball valves), check valves( wafer type check valves, swing check valves, rubber disc check valves, ball type check valve, foot valve/bottom valve), fire protection valves( grooved butterfly valves, grooved gate valves, grooved strainers, grooved check valves), hydraulic control valves,etc.
Other articles about valves:
- How do i know which industrial valve to use?
- How to select a right check valve according to diameter?
- what are the common used types of check valve?
- How do i choose a check valve?
- how to choose a right check valve?
- What is cast steel on valves? Like WCB butterfly valves, WCB check valves, WCB gate valves….
- What is the difference between cast steel valves and forged steel valves?
- What is forged steel valve?
- What does those model No. Mean for check valves, like H76,H42, HC44, H44, H61Y,etc…
- what is a rubber disc check valve?
- what is a swing check valve?
- What is the advantage of ball type check valve?
- How to install a lift check valve?
- What is the difference between check valve and globe valve?
- What is the advantage and disadvantage of a globe valve?
- Can a foot valve be installed horizontally or vertically?
- What is a bottom valve?