Gate valve is one kind of mechanical equipment used in various industrial pipeline system to connect and cut off the medium flow. Gate valve can only be fully opened and fully closed, it can not be used for fluid regulation and throttling. With different body material used, there are gray cast iron gate valves, ductile cast iron gate valves, cast steel WCB gate valves, copper alloy gate valves and stainless steel gate valves. Relatively speaking, the price for gray and ductile cast iron gate valves are low, and the price for stainless steel gate valves and copper alloy gate valves are higher, but still, under some special working conditions, only stainless steel gate valves are suitable, such as some high temperature and high pressure conditions, and if the medium is high corrosive,etc. So today we are going to introduce the advantages of stainless steel gate valves, hope those information can help you have a clear understanding about stainless steel gate valves.
Stainless steel gate valve is also one kind of gate valves, its working principle is like other gate valves, the difference is that the main part material of stainless steel gate valves are all stainless steel, like its valve body, bonnet, stem and gate plate. That is why that kind of gate valve is called stainless steel gate valve.
Stainless steel gate valve can be used to transport various media, in current industrial era, there are plenty transportation lines whether in production or our daily life, that is why gate valve is widely used, for example, the medium delivery like water, air, and steam in various industries. As a very important equipment, stainless steel gate valve can also be used to delivery corrosive mediums.
Some medium are highly corrosive and will affect the service life of gate valves. However, if stainless steel gate valve is selected, it will have great corrosion resistance, such as for the delivery of medium like oil, mud, liquid metal,etc, which may have highly corrosion. For those corrosive mediums, if you select common material gate valves, like gray cast iron gate valves, ductile cast iron gate valves, those cast iron gate valves are difficult to achieve the corrosion resistance you require, so for corrosive mediums, stainless steel gate valves are better.
Advantages of stainless steel gate valves:
1. the selection of stainless steel material is strict, and all materials used( ss304, ss304L, ss316,ss316L,etc) are in line with relevant domestic and foreign standards. The overall quality of stainless steel materials is high.
2. All stainless steel gate valve manufactured can meet the standard requirements, and have reliable sealing performance and are anti-high pressure and anti high temperature, and have excellent corrosion resistance. And also they have beautiful appearance.
3. The sealing pair of stainless steel gate valves is matching advanced and reasonable. The sealing surfaces of gate plate and valve seat are made of stellite cobalt-based cemented carbide with different hardness, which has advantages,like reliable sealing performance, high hardness, wear resistance, high temperature and high pressure resistance, corrosion resistance, good scratch resistance and long service life.
4. The valve stem of stainless steel gate valve is quenched, tempered, and nitrided, which has good corrosion resistance, scratch resistance and wear resistance.
5. The stainless steel gate valve is using wedge-shaped plate structure, the stainless steel gate valves with middle and large diameter are equipped with thrust bearings, and the friction force is small, and it is easy to open and close.
6. The gate plate of the stainless steel gate valve moves linearly with the valve stem, which is called lifting rod gate valve( also called rising stem stainless steel gate valve or os&y stainless steel gate valve). generally, there are trapezoidal threads on the stem, through the nut on the top of the valve and the guide groove on the valve body, the rotary motion is changed into a linear motion, that is, the operating torque is changed into the operating thrust. The sealing surface can only be sealed by the medium pressure, that is, the medium pressure is used to press the sealing surface of the gate plate to the valve seat on the other side, which is called self-sealing. Most of gate valves are forcibly sealed, that is, when the gate valve is closed, the plate must be pressed against the valve seat by eternal force to ensure the tightness of the sealing surface.
Belo Valve is a more than 15 years professional manufacturer for industrial valves, like butterfly valves( center line wafer butterfly valve, manual butterfly valve, lever driving butterfly valve, butterfly valve with worm gear box, lug type butterfly valve, soft seal butterfly valves, hard seal butterfly valves, flange butterfly valves, ductile cast iron butterfly valves, stainless steel butterfly valve), gate valves(including DINF4 gate valves, DINF5 gate valves, DIN3352 gate valves, rising stem gate valves, non rising stem gate valves, soft seal gate valves, hard seal gate valves, hydraulic gate valves, sluice valves), globe valves( DIN globe valves, bellows globe valves, electric globe valve), ball valves( welded ball valves, soft seal ball valves, stainless steel ball valves, WCB ball valves, ductile cast iron ball valves, API ball valves), check valves( wafer type check valves, swing check valves, rubber disc check valves, ball type check valve, foot valve/bottom valve), fire protection valves( grooved butterfly valves, grooved gate valves, grooved strainers, grooved check valves), hydraulic control valves,etc.
for more information or price about stainless steel gate valves, kindly let us know: