Butterfly valve is one widely used industrial valve, whose valve plate can rotate 90°around its valve stem to achieve the opening and closing of the butterfly valve. Butterfly valve can not only be used for connecting and cutting off the fluid, can also be used for regulating and throttling.
With different structure, butterfly valve can be divided into concentric butterfly valves and eccentric butterfly valves.
for concentric butterfly valves, there are concentric wafer type butterfly valves, concentric wafer lugged butterfly valves, concentric flange butterfly valves.
For concentric butterfly valves, with different body material used, butterfly valves can be divided into cast iron concentric butterfly valves, carbon steel butterfly valves and stainless steel concentric butterfly valves.
For different sealing material used, there are soft sealing butterfly valves(EPDM lined soft sealing butterfly valves and PTFE lined soft sealing butterfly valves) and metal sealed butterfly valves,
With different operating device used, there are manual handle lever butterfly valves, worm gear box operated butterfly valves, electric actuated butterfly valves, pneumatic actuated butterfly valves,etc.
How to maintain the worm gear butterfly valves:
Today we are going to introduce the maintenance of worm gear box operated butterfly valves. After the worm gear butterfly valve is installed and put into work, it is necessary to pay attention to the maintenance of the worm gear box operated butterfly valve. A great daily maintenance to the worm gear butterfly valve can ensure that the worm gear butterfly valve can work stably and for a longer time, which can guarantee the productions. Here are some tips for the maintenance of the worm gear butterfly valves:
1. for those idle worm gear butterfly valves, they should be stored in a dry,ventilated and cool place, and the two ends of the valve passage should be blocked to prevent dust and impurities from entering.
2. Check the worm gear butterfly valve regularly, apply some anti-rust oil on the outer surface of the butterfly valve, and clean the dirty on the valve body in time.
3. After installation, the worm gear butterfly valve needs to be inspected regularly to ensure its normal and stable operation. The parts that need to be inspected are:
3.1. check whether the sealing surface of the worm gear butterfly valve is worn, if it is worn, it should be repaired or replaced in time.
3.2. check whether the trapezoidal thread of the valve stem and the valve stem nut is seriously worn, and whether the packing is invalid, once some problems are found, it is necessary to replace the worn part timely.
3.3. test the tightness of the sealing effect of the worm gear butterfly valve, deal with the leakage in time.
3.4 check whether the worm gear butterfly valve is complete, including the bolts and flanges, to ensure that the threads are not damaged or not loose.
4. if the external environment where the worm gear butterfly valve is located is harsh and the butterfly valve is easily affected by bad weather, then a protective cover should be installed on the worm gear butterfly valve.
5. To keep the scale of the worm gear butterfly valve complete, accurate and clear.
6. Do not strike and knock on the working worm gear butterfly valve in the pipeline, and do not put heavy objects on the worm gear butterfly valves.
In order to make those worm gear butterfly valve to work stably and for a longer time, once they are installed, daily maintenance is also important, if you want to know more information about the maintenance of other industrial valves, like gate valves, non return valves, globe valves,etc, kindly contact us: