Foot valve, also known as bottom valve, is one kind of check valve, one way valve, cut off valve, non return valve, back water valve, back pressure valve, which is widely used in pumping pipeline systems to prevent the back flow of the water. But for some pumps, the foot valve is a must, and for some water pumps, they are equipped with some kind of check valves, so foot valve(bottom valve) is not a must for them, today we are going to figure out
whether submersible pumps have foot valves?
Whether the foot valve should be installed on submersible pump is determined by its actual working conditions. If there is a regulating valve or some adjustable device in the pipeline system, the foot valve may not be installed. When the submersible pump is stopped, the regulating valve is fully closed to prevent the discharged liquid from flowing back.
If there is no control system in the pipeline system, and the discharged liquid can flow back along the pipeline through the action of atmospheric pressure, now a foot valve( bottom valve) should be installed. Installing the foot valve(bottom valve) can reduce unnecessary losses.
Submersible pump is used to transport and lift liquids. When it is working, the entire submersible pump body is latent in the liquid, the liquid naturally enters the pump cavity, and the water can be drained when the power is turned on.
If the water supply equipment or container is lower than the outlet pipe, when the submersible pump is stopped, the pipeline and the water storage point do not constitute a “connector” form, and now the foot valve( bottom valve) may not be installed; But when the pump stops working, the liquid in the pipeline will flow back.
The installation of foot valve( bottom valve) on the submersible pump can effectively reduce the discharge of pollutants, which is also environmental protection. For this consideration, it is better to install a foot valve on the submersible pump.
For more articles about other industrial valves, please visit:
- How do i know which industrial valve to use?
- How to select a right check valve according to diameter?
- what are the common used types of check valve?
- How do i choose a check valve?
- how to choose a right check valve?
- What is cast steel on valves? Like WCB butterfly valves, WCB check valves, WCB gate valves….
- What is the difference between cast steel valves and forged steel valves?
- What is forged steel valve?
- What does those model No. Mean for check valves, like H76,H42, HC44, H44, H61Y,etc…
- what is a rubber disc check valve?
- what is a swing check valve?
- What is the advantage of ball type check valve?
- How to install a lift check valve?
- What is the difference between check valve and globe valve?
- What is the advantage and disadvantage of a globe valve?
- Can a foot valve be installed horizontally or vertically?
- What is a bottom valve?
- How do foot valves work?
- Is foot valve required for self priming pump?