Generally speaking, there is no need to install a foot valve(also called bottom valve) in the self priming pump. If the foot valve is installed, the working effect will be better. And also in some special cases, it is better to install the foot valve in the self priming pump, now we are going to discuss when the foot valve(bottom valve) is not necessary for self priming pump, and when the foot valve(bottom valve) is a must for self priming pump.
When the foot valve(bottom valve) is not necessary in self-priming pump?
Because generally, the inlet of the self priming pump has its won check valve, which is one kind of one way valve. So that after the water pump stops working, the liquid in the pump body cannot flow back into the original pool, and is stored in the self priming pump body, so there is no need to refill the liquid when the self priming pump needs to restart for the second time.
If the foot valve(bottom valve) is installed in the self-priming pump, the effect will be better, because if the one way check valve is damaged sometimes, the bottom valve(foot valve) can work as a guarantee, and there will be no idling, and the installation of the foot valve(bottom valve) will also effectively ensure the effective suction procedure of the water pump.
When a foot valve is a must for self priming pump?
There is another special occasion where the foot valve(bottom valve) is a must for self priming pump.
If the suction height is too different, or the diameter of the suction pipe is too large, and the volume exceeds the liquid storage in the pump cavity of the self priming pump, it will not work properly, so now a bottom valve(foot valve) must be installed to ensure safe and fast self-priming effect.
Apart from foot valve, what are the other industrial valves Belo Valve are supplying:
Belo Valve is a more than 15 years professional manufacturer for industrial valves, like butterfly valves( center line wafer butterfly valve, manual butterfly valve, lever driving butterfly valve, butterfly valve with worm gear box, lug type butterfly valve, soft seal butterfly valves, hard seal butterfly valves, flange butterfly valves, ductile cast iron butterfly valves, stainless steel butterfly valve), gate valves(including DINF4 gate valves, DINF5 gate valves, DIN3352 gate valves, rising stem gate valves, non rising stem gate valves, soft seal gate valves, hard seal gate valves, hydraulic gate valves, sluice valves), globe valves( DIN globe valves, bellows globe valves, electric globe valve), ball valves( welded ball valves, soft seal ball valves, stainless steel ball valves, WCB ball valves, ductile cast iron ball valves, API ball valves), check valves( wafer type check valves, swing check valves, rubber disc check valves, ball type check valve, foot valve/bottom valve), fire protection valves( grooved butterfly valves, grooved gate valves, grooved strainers, grooved check valves), hydraulic control valves,etc.
For more information about other industrial valves, kindly contact us.
Other articles about industrial valves:
- How do i know which industrial valve to use?
- How to select a right check valve according to diameter?
- what are the common used types of check valve?
- How do i choose a check valve?
- how to choose a right check valve?
- What is cast steel on valves? Like WCB butterfly valves, WCB check valves, WCB gate valves….
- What is the difference between cast steel valves and forged steel valves?
- What is forged steel valve?
- What does those model No. Mean for check valves, like H76,H42, HC44, H44, H61Y,etc…
- what is a rubber disc check valve?
- what is a swing check valve?
- What is the advantage of ball type check valve?
- How to install a lift check valve?
- What is the difference between check valve and globe valve?
- What is the advantage and disadvantage of a globe valve?
- Can a foot valve be installed horizontally or vertically?
- What is a bottom valve?
- How do foot valves work?